Tuesday 11 July 2017

Birthday surprises.

Well, the last 24 hours have been full of surprises!

Three I could have done without - very heavy rain showers, a severe attack of trigeminal neuralgia and no internet connection! Not much I could do for the first two but, merci beaucoup to Arlette we are on line again!

My lovely husband, Ron had secretly arranged many things which more than compensated...

I answered the door bell yesterday afternoon to find Jacky, Peter and Linda had come from England for a visit for my birthday!

This morning, a magnificent chocolate birthday cake was brought from Damvillers Boulangerie/Patisserie




Then all five of us to the Restaurant/Bar in Consenvoye where Emilie and Roger, Bill and Marie, Jackie and Arlette, Stephen and Juliet were waiting for us! Quelle surprise!!

We all enjoyed a lovely lunch with a specially-made raspberry gateau for desert.











After a buffet starter, there was a choice of ham, lamb, calamari and I had fish with a cheese sauce.

The candle played "Happy Birthday"!!

While, outside, the rain poured...





















...but as I write this, the sky has cleared and the sun is shining - and my TN has, thankfully, gone back to sleep!


A HUGE THANK YOU to all for attending and an EVEN BIGGER THANKS to Ron for arranging it all...and I hadn't a clue!!

Also many thanks for all the lovely birthday greetings, the cards, presents, and flowers.

Love you all. :-) xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment