Monday 12 May 2014

Technogrief


For a few years before retiring I ran my own secretarial services business from home.  I called it Just A Sec which I thought was catchy and seemed appropriate. During that time I also coined the word technogrief which seemed to cover a multitude of technical snags.

Now you may be wondering what all that has to do with the photo at the top of this article.  Well nothing at all really except that word technogrief still comes in handy at times.

When I first started this blog it would not allow me to add images in a similar fashion to not being able to add attachments of any sort to my orange email account so I knew it was something to do with my computer and not the blog site.

I was bemoaning this to our daughter and son-in-law when he said he had experienced the same problems with his email.  He had fixed it by installing Firefox, which he now has as well as Internet Explorer. He uses it for attachments.

With some trepidation this afternoon I also installed Firefox which I hope to keep just to get over these problems as, at the moment, I can't get my head around the thought of changing everything! 

This is the first test of it and the photo I had hoped to install a week or so ago with another post worked this time without problems.

I hope it will still be there when I publish this post!

Oh the photo?  A hill, not too far from home, above a village called Chaumont with its patchwork of green crops and yellow rapeseed.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of your local scenery. I'm pleased the technogrief has sorted itself - for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison. Ah, technogrief - seems it's always lurking reading to pounce!

    ReplyDelete