Saturday 21 June 2014

The green path

A short walk from centre ville to the south-western edge of this little rural town via Allée de la Verte Chausée - the green path.

It seemed cooler this morning, so I donned jeans and a short-sleeved jumper.  It became hot and very sunny this afternoon.  No prizes for guessing when I decided to go for a walk. It was far hotter out than I had realised and I was glad I had chosen what I call ‘the avenue’ a path mostly in the shade from the tall trees along each side…a green path indeed.




                                   At the end, a small roundabout and I re-trace my steps...






To the left...



To the right...


Back near the start but down a grassy bank to the roadside...


past the pepper-pot house...


and back home...



3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures as you walked along - the tree lined path and some very interesting buildings. I enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course a walk around the block compared with your marathon efforts!

    ReplyDelete