Friday 27 June 2014

Another little walk in town

A warm, sunny morning but rain is forecast for later so we take the opportunity to go for a short walk within the town.  My husband takes a walking stick but his progress is very slow as his knee worsens. But he is a stubborn man, grits his teeth and keeps going. If I were to go at that pace, my back would seize up and I'd just stop, so I go ahead and take photos in between waiting for him to catch up.

Off rue des Tanneries, on the right,  opposite the start of the ‘green path’ (see previous post) a footpath runs between a tiny, overgrown stream and large gardens.




It’s a pleasant place for a stroll...

















The path leads to the main road where we turn right for a short way, then cut across the new car park for the pharmacie and bear right onto part of the old ramparts road which also runs between gardens and allotments.











Thus back to rue des Tanneries and centre ville.

This afternoon, the clouds are starting to build and a different cloud descends indoors with a sudden cut in the water supply.  We discover that this is apparently due to road works on the main road as the mains-water pipe has been accidentally damaged.

Good job we all have a store of bottled water although I suspect much will be falling from the sky by tonight.

Others may be caught out as our little supermarket is shut for their annual holiday!

Ah, worry over - by the time I'd downloaded the photos for this blog the water supply was on, after only about an hour. Très bon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos again, Ida. Poor Ron, though, it's miserable not being able to walk as you'd like to. I hope your water supply stays reliable too. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison - pleased you enjoyed. I'm getting much-better photos since I commandeered Ron's digital camera!

    ReplyDelete