Saturday 4 August 2018

Toast

The last few boxes found and emptied and we came across this, which made us cry.  We miss our daughter, the love and laughter but, as ever, one foot in front of the other...Cheers, darling.




I’d like to take a moment, if I may
For there’s something that I really want to say,
Merci beaucoup, gracias, abrigado too, and danke
To my awesome parents I owe a massive thanks



For everything they do for me every single day
When I cry they comfort me and chase the blues away
And when I am in lots of pain, which happens almost daily
They want to take the hurt away - they say I’m still their baby



They’re generous with everything, be it love, advice or time
They’re such a lovely couple, those old folks of mine
So raise a glass of something nice, be it grapes or hops
And drink a toast to both of them “Here’s to Muzz and Pops!”



© Sheridan Musson

3 comments: