Sunday 12 July 2015

Celebrations…

Saturday, 11th July - Sunny and warm.  Good weather for my birthday…and for Damvillers’ Fete Nationale celebrations to be held this evening.

I received lovely cards and many birthday greetings on Facebook; also on Writers’ Dock.  It’s lovely to know that friends are thinking of me.  So many birthdays have passed - I can hardly believe just how many, but they carry many memories.

A desk chair from my husband is welcome - no longer a sticky arm from the tape holding the left one in place! - and a bottle of pink champagne from our daughter and son-in-law;  also a necklace and bracelet from an old school friend and her husband which will very nicely complete the new outfit I plan to wear for the Fete this evening.

After lunch, we went for a short ride to Les Ballestieres in Damvillers for a stroll along the path between two lakes, then returned home the scenic way, via Peuvillers, with views over the Woevre Plain, to a welcome cuppa and a rest before the evening’s festivities.

  The main lake

The pathway is inviting...

Lake to the right of the path.

Sounds of a waterfall but, no, just the breeze in the treetops.



Back to the main lake.


Ready for a bonfire - a safe one we hope!

The panorama of this part of the Woevre Plain - from left to right...











Curious cows...


Who are you looking at?








In the evening, off we go...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely summery pictures, Ida! I hope the evening went brilliantly too - you look very glam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Alison - it was a good celebration.


    (I know I replied to this before, but it seems to have disappeared!)

    ReplyDelete