Sunday 13 July 2014

Birthdays

Ah well, another birthday has come and gone…how quickly the years seem to rack up!

The morning didn’t go quite as planned and we were unable to see the Tour de France which was passing through near to where we live.  We consoled ourselves that we could watch it on TV but the live transmission didn’t start until the afternoon, by which time the whole entourage was out of our area, having gone through around lunchtime. C’est la vie and all that.

From then on things looked up.  Our daughter and son-in-law had given me a bottle of pink Champagne, my husband bought a large mille feuille so we all shared both in the afternoon.



My husband gave me a Canon digital camera which I am enjoying using although the above photo was taken on it by our son-in-law.

In the evening we attended the local Fete Nationale celebrations with some friends. The local council do the residents proud with a meal, supply a bar and live music; there is dancing and at midnight a grand fireworks display…all for 6 euros a head or 10 if you do not live locally.








Word had got to the new Mayor’s wife, who is a friend, and she lead the singing to wish me “Happy Birthday to You” and, towards the end of the evening, she and her husband brought a bottle of white Champagne to us to share with them to end the celebrations.








At the end, a conga but we were too busy enjoying the company and the bubbly to join the few brave souls still there!




I had a lot of birthday cards and, on Facebook, very many greetings and messages.

I feel blessed and very lucky to have so much warmth of love and friendship.

Birthdays aren’t so bad after all - especially when they are as nice as this one!

2 comments:

  1. It's a pity you missed the Tour, but it sounds and looks as though you had a most excellent birthday. I look forward to seeing some more great photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All was well in the end! I'm enjoying using my camera. Cheers, Alison.

    ReplyDelete