Wednesday 3 April 2019

River Wensum 3 - and ups and downs!

A backtrack!  From the little research I did, I understood the Wensum went from the source directly to Fakenham but, on Saturday evening, discovered it first flows west  to Sculthorpe.







We spent a delightful evening in Sculthorpe Mill with Peter and Linda to celebrate our 61st wedding anniversary the day before.






We were thoroughly spoilt with a weekend of celebrations!  On Friday, Ron and I went out for lunch, On Saturday, out with family, as above, then out for lunch for Mothering Sunday.

It all lifted our spirits which was necessary after Thursday when I had a nasty fall indoors, we swapped roles and Ron, much improved by now thank goodness,  then became my “nurse“!  We have always been like scales - balancing one another out !!


















2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the Wensum, but this section looks delightful. I'm pleased you had a good celebration in spite of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it was one of the rivers on which Norwich was founded.

    ReplyDelete