Sunday 9 October 2016

Signs of Autumn.

In the countryside there is little yet of autumn colour - just a few leaves starting to turn.  So, this afternoon, I went for a short walk, with my camera, down a couple of local footpaths in search of signs of autumn - and I found them…




The first of several log piles.




A bright colour in the distance caught my eye...

...and here it is in close-up.

These look like hops to me.



A few applies left on the tree...

...but most are on the ground.









Bug Hotel.





Sadly a not-unusual sight as fruit is left to fall and rot.  Still, I suppose it provides winter nourishment for the birds and insects.












Anyone for mistletoe?

A log pile and a half.






4 comments:

  1. You certainly found plenty of signs, Ida. I hope to trot out again tomorrow - I'm "oop north" for a few days, and maybe autumn advances more quickly here!
    Very much enjoyed your walk and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great autumnal pictures

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Nina - and all so close to home!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Alison I was amazed at just how many signs there were so close to the house as, in the countryside, the colours seems very slow to start. Look forward to the colours you find "oop north"!

    ReplyDelete