Sunday 10 April 2016

In search of blossom...

Over the past few weeks I have been contained mostly indoors at home or at the hospital by not only two patients in the house but too many grey, cold, wet days.  Today I couldn’t resist the call of blue sky and  sunshine and went just for a short stroll with camera at the ready to capture the blossoms that caught my eye…

Tiny pink flowers among the red leaves.

Flowers on a laurel hedge were a magnet for bees.






Like me, daisies raise their faces to the sun.















Flower boxes surround the Pharmacie shop and car park.

Paper flowers in the Pharmacie window.






…my eyes were not disappointed.

The sunshine warmed me but a light breeze from the south soothed my brow.

To my ears’ delight I heard the happy chirping of sparrows, the buzz of bees and a blackbird’s beautiful song.

My mind calmed and my spirits lifted.

What a wondrous tonic is nature, particularly in springtime.

2 comments:

  1. Really uplifting photos, and so good to see sunshine and feel its warmth. Your blog post is a tonic, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, thanks very much, Alison - delighted you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete