Sunday 27 September 2015

Under siege. Part 3.

Day 4. Saturday, 26th September 2015.

The music starts at 11.00.a.m.  The volume goes down at 11.30.  The music goes off at 12.00.  Sound check complete - and anyway it’s time for “the midi”.

We finish our lunch and head for the lake to help with the turn-round.  Work done, we leave our son-in-law there to meet and greet the arrivals.

Ron drives our car out and onto the road.  I go to close the gate and somehow pull the heavy metal frame onto the back of a heel.  It hurts and I bleed profusely.  I curse my clumsiness and stupidity - but it still hurts.  Indoors, a foot-bowl of warm, salt water then plasters and dressings but each time I move it bleeds a little more.  How can such a small area - the size of a little-finger nail - hurt and bleed so much! 

The music outside starts again late afternoon and attracts youngsters fresh out of school. 






















During the evening, the music continues (thank goodness we mostly have double-glazing) and a few people wander around.  The numbers increase after dark when the lights are twinkling.  Young girls scream as they are whisked high into the air and just a few little ones ride on the small roundabout under the watchful eyes of their families. 







It was good to see and hear the youngsters enjoying themselves in what must be a highlight for them in this usually-peaceful town.  I’m guessing tonight won’t quieten down until midnight. 

I think of putting my foot in a plastic bag overnight - just in case.


Day 5. Sunday, 27th September 2015.

My heel is still tender so no shoes today and no wandering around the funfair with my camera this afternoon when, no doubt, the families will be out in force after the midi.  But the plastic bag worked well, not that my foot bled overnight but it allowed me to shower and hair-wash this morning without getting the dressing wet. Result.

The funfair was closed at midnight and the quiet that descended continued until 3.00.p.m. this afternoon when the fun-fair re-opened.  Slowly, individuals and groups came to enjoy the fun.  By late afternoon, the place was buzzing! Although I could only record what I could see from the windows and open front door.









 Families and lots of happy children enjoyed La Fête.






2 comments:

  1. Ouch - somehow cuts where the skin is close to the bone below seem to bleed and hurt far more than you'd imagine.
    You seem to be coping well with the funfair - your good humour stands you in good stead! The pictures show how colourful it is, and I guess the local children love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being on the back of my heel the skin of course stretches with each movement! But it is getting better, thanks.
    Yes, the fair brings life and colour here and of course the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete