Wednesday 10 June 2015

Love-in-the-mist and roses.

Our only garden is a narrow strip of earth between one side of the house and the pavement.

Today, 10th June, it is looking very colourful. The roses and irises were already here, the love-in-the-mist is from a much-loved garden of friends in Essex and the yellow wild flowers look pretty, set off the other colours and are loved by the bees so we’ll let them be for the time being. I cannot recall  their name, but they are small dandelion-type of flowers so we will have to catch them for removal as soon as they “puff” - you can have too much of a good thing!












6 comments:

  1. That looks lovely - and those "weeds" are pretty and useful for now. I always have forget-me-knots which seed themselves, and an awful lot of other (wild) flowers which we pull out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison. I didn't take photos of the tar-splashed end! I love forget-me-knots - they grow wild at the side of our lake. It's good too to keep the flowers the bees like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the 'k' get in the knot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - probably because my brain is in knots at the moment. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it's wormed its way into my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess we were both tied up then! lol

    ReplyDelete