Saturday 12 April 2014

Procrastination - or thinking time?

For a long time I have been considering starting my blog. Somewhere to express my thoughts and a launching pad to take my writing further.


My father used to accuse me of procrastination. However, when he delayed doing something it was called in the planning stage.


It seems we both needed to allow time to gather our thoughts before taking action.


But I remember those busy times when I had what seemed to be a full-time family, full-time job and full-time hobbies. My only thinking time was in the middle of the night during attacks of insomnia brought on by an over-active mind.


I think the old adage is true: If you want something done ask a busy person. They, as I, learnt to cut corners.


Now in peaceful retirement I have too much thinking time, not enough activity and I mostly sleep like a log.


My days are filled with housework, which takes longer now having to give my bad back rests between jobs, and also coping with health problems - my own and the familys, helping them when necessary - and keeping in touch with friends.


I also contribute as a moderator and site manager on Writers' Dock: http://www.writersdock.com


And my husband and I still enjoy exploring our adopted area in north-eastern France.


2 comments: